Making your own yoghurt at home is nothing new, in the 1980’s my Grandma used to make her own using powdered milk and a weird machine she’d got from somewhere. Yes it was as unappetising as it sounds. Thankfully, around 20 years ago EasiYo was invented and it’s popularity is growing, people are finding out how easy, economical and delicious EasiYo is.
I was sent one of the shiny red EasiYo yoghurt makers to try out. The maker is a fashionable red pod which makes 1kg of yoghurt each time. But what did my yoghurt loving boys think of it and just how easy is it to use?
The red maker is quite lovely to look at, it’s all sleek and shiny and doesn’t look out of place in a modern kitchen. I unpacked it and my box contained the red pod, the 1kg yoghurt jar and some instructions. I was given the banana yoghurt and the Forest Fruits yoghurt flavours to try.
I thought I’d try the boys with the banana yoghurt, they both love banana flavoured anything, so I thought it’s make for a useful taste test.
Making EasiYo yoghurt is incredibly easy and much quicker than I thought it would be. The instructions are on the back of each packet anyway, but you simply mix the sachet with water, give it a good shake and then put it in the pod which is half filled with boiling water. Leave it overnight and you’ve got 1kg of yoghurt to enjoy the next day.
I made the yoghurt the day before we needed it, put it to one side and let the yoghurt maker work its magic. A little over 24 hours later (it works in 12 hours, but you can leave it for 24 hours and you get a better set) I opened up the yoghurt maker, tipped out the water and opened up the jar. The banana yoghurt had set firmly and looked really thick and creamy. I dolloped some into a bowl with some sliced banana and gave it to the boy as an after school treat.
But what did the boys think? Well… they loved it! The small boy, originally sceptical that it didn’t come in a pot has been demanding seconds and even thirds of it. It’s thick, creamy and delicious and contains no artificial ingredients, is gluten-free, vegetarian and full of nutrients. I’m sold on EasiYo, and I think he is too!
It’s incredibly easy to make, and it makes 1kg of yoghurt at a time, which makes it really economical. Plus it’s pretty fun to make with the kids, especially ones who like mixing things up in the kitchen. There are a huge range of flavours and styles of yoghurt to choose from, from very low fat yoghurt to indulgent creamy yoghurt. We’re looking forward to trying them all out!
You can find more information about EasiYo yoghurt on their website.
WIN An easiyo yoghurt maker and two packs of yoghurt
To be in with a chance to win a shiny red EasiYo Yoghurt Maker and two packets of yoghurt mix, simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
Check out our other giveaways over on our competitions page.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. The winner will receive an EasiYo Yoghurt Maker and two packets of yoghurt mix.
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 1st December 2016.
7. The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
8. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
9. The winners name will be available on request
10. Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
11. Your email address may be passed on to to the promoter for marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe at any time.
12. Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
13. HodgePodgeDays decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.