Growing up we played a lot of card games, mostly with my Grandma. We’d get out a pack of slightly dog eared cards and play whist, snap, fish, blackjack, solitaire, rummy. At school we played a series of complex card games during our lunch breaks, I can’t remember the name of the games but it was super fast and I was often the winner. It’s nice that school gave me at least one demonstrable life skill.
My Grandma had some playing cards with pictures on them which she’d brought back from holiday in Spain. The cards featured illustrations of beautiful flamenco dancers striking poses and I loved to look at them. I’m still a bit obsessed with themed playing cards and really love the retro look of them.
Bird Playing Cards have packs of cards to appeal to EVERYONE, young and old, collector and card sharp, player and non-player, and those who just enjoy the imagery on the cards.
They have themed packs as diverse as Leonardo, trains, match boxes, shoes, beer, whisky, battleships, Monet, Australia, cruises, the French Resistance, African America, spies, VCs, tanks… the whole gamut of War and Peace…
I love the “Come to Britain” pack of cards – 54 classic travel posters, from a golden age of poster art. Designed by such great graphic artists as Tom Purvis and Frank Newbould, they offered a seductive vision of Britain at its best – a land of pageant, of guardsmen and kilted pipers, of thatched cottage and cathedral, of peerless scenery, sandy beaches… and sun.
Win a pack of themed playing cards
Three lucky winners will each receive a pack of these wonderful cards. To be in with a chance to win a pack of themed playing cards, simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. The three winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5.The winners will receive a pack of themed playing cards.
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 16th August 2016.
7. The winners will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
8. The winners will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
9. The winners name will be available on request
10. Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
11. Your email address may be passed on to to the promoter for marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe at any time.
12. Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
13. HodgePodgeDays decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.