Being the mother of a boy I sometimes struggle to fill his hollow legs. He’s hungry, always hungry, but he runs around like a dervish so he burns it off in double quick time. I’ve learnt to always keep a snack on my person for when he gets hungry. He likes dried fruit, so when I was asked to try Real Handful snacks I knew we would enjoy putting them to the test.
Real Handful are little 40g packets of dried fruit with nuts and little bits of chocolate mixed in. They feel like a bit of a naughty treat, but are quite healthy and are just the right size to keep a small boy going until teatime. Each of the 40g packets of Real Handful contains around 160-200 calories per packet and are full of good things such as fibre, protein and good fats, as well as being one of your five (or is it ten) a day!
There are six kinds Real Handful snacks available –
- Blood Orange & Dark Chocolate – blood orange flavoured sultanas, orange flavoured cranberries, dark chocolate and peanuts.
- G0-Go-Goji Berries – a blend of nuts, raisins and seeds with goji berries and dark chocolate.
- Blueberry Blitz – blueberries, blueberry flavoured raisins, jumbo flame raisins and whole cashews.
- Strawberries & Cream – strawberry flavoured raisins, strawberries, cranberries, white chocolate and cashews.
- Mixed Berry Crush – blueberry flavoured yoghurt covered raisins, strawberry, cranberries and whole almonds.
- Mochacchino – a rich blend of coffee sultanas, cranberries, whole cashew nuts, dark chocolate coffee beans and coffee flavour chocolate drops.
We couldn’t get enough of these Real handful snacks, admittedly my son kindly donated the nuts to me and his dad, but the dried fruit and chocolate were a real hit. I loved the Mochacchino flavour, with its chocolate covered coffee beans. I really enjoyed the mix of fruit and nuts with a smattering of chocolate, these would be great with a mid-afternoon brew to keep me going until teatime, they really are quite filling.
These are the perfect size to slip into your bag if you’re going out and about, or to keep in your desk drawer for when hunger strikes and are great if you’re wanting to snack a little healthier.
You can buy Real Handful from Holland & Barrett, Ocado, Booths and Boots. Prices start from £1.29. Visit their website for more information.
WIN a case of real handful snacks
To be in with a chance to win a case (containing ten packs of your favourite flavour) of Real Handful Snacks, simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
Check out our other giveaways over on our competitions page.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. The winner will receive a case (containing ten packs of your favourite flavour) of Real Handful Snacks.
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 20th March 2017.
7. The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
8. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
9. The winners name will be available on request
10. Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
11. Your email address may be passed on to to the promoter for marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe at any time.
12. Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
13. HodgePodgeDays decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.
I was sent these Real Handful snacks for review purposes. All images and opinions are our own.