How exciting, today was the first Bank Holiday Monday of the year and excitingly my first with a four year old under my feet.
I’ve decided to play an exciting game of Bank Holiday Bingo, shall we all play along and see how we all do? How many can you get and who will shout “House!” first?
- Expecting a lie in but waking up at 5am anyway.
- Cutting the grass the same time as both of your neighbours.
- Eating all of your Easter chocolate.
- Feeling sick after eating too much Easter chocolate.
- Swearing you’ll start a diet tomorrow.
- If it’s sunny, spending the whole day painting a room and not seeing daylight.
- If it’s raining, spending the whole day staring at the rain lashing against the window and looking sad.
- A drive to the seaside involving 6 hours in the car and just half an hour on the beach.
- Seeing pictures of all your child free friends on Facebook sat in a sunny beer garden.
- Drinking 18 pints of tea instead of sitting in a beer garden.
- Having a massive row about nothing.
- Visiting a garden centre.
- Washing the car.
- Unexpected and unwanted guests dropping round at an inappropriate time.
- Spending the whole weekend tidying the house and it looking not a bit different when you’ve finished.
- Losing a whole day watching Man V Food repeats on TV.
- Panic buying ALL the food in the supermarket the day before the Bank Holiday.
- Easter crafts all gone horribly wrong.
- Eating a big fat roast dinner with all the family.
- Feeling guilty about being relieved when you go back to work on the Tuesday.
I reckon we’ve managed most of them. How did you do?