One of the easiest and most fun things to grow in your garden are tomatoes. Every year we have half a dozen or so tomato plants in pots and on our very small veg plot, there’s nothing nicer than picking a still warm and very ripe tomato from the vine and gobbling it down. Tomatoes are a great thing to grow with kids, helping them to make the connection between plant and plate.
This year British Tomato Week falls on the 18th-24th May 2015. British Tomato Week is a celebration of all things tomato, and why not. Tomatoes are such a versatile ingredient and are one of my most favourite things to cook with, one of my favourite things to do is roasted tomatoes which you can eat in their unctuous roasted form, or blitz up into a gorgeous sauce for pasta and the like.
To celebrate British Tomato Week, I have teamed up with food growing specialists, Seed Pantry and cooked up a lovely giveaway. One green fingered winner will receive a Heritage Tomato Seed Kit from Seed Pantry (the prize is pictured below). The kit includes a variety of tomato seeds including Outdoor Girl, Marmande and Ailsa Craig and are perfect for the patio, small gardens and allotments.To enter this lovely competition in celebration of British Tomato Week, the simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below. You have until the end of British Tomato Week to enter this great green fingered giveaway – good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only.
2. There is no cash alternative offered.
3. To enter, please use the rafflecopter widget above. Please ensure you leave some contact details or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
4. The winner will be drawn at random from all qualifying entries. The winner will receive a Heritage Tomato Seed Box.
5. The competition will close on 24th May 2015.
6. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
7. Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
8. HodgePodgeDays decision is final in all matters relating to this competition.