Dennis the Menace has been delighting school children in The Beano since 1951. Dennis and his faithful companion – an Abyssinian wire-haired tripe hound called Gnasher have got up to all kinds of mischief and mayhem over the years.
Dennis the Menace is an English icon, what Asterix is to France. Dennis the Menace embodies the naughty schoolboy in all of us. You see a red and black striped jumper and the first thing you think of is Dennis and Gnasher.
I remember sitting in the back of the car with my brother driving down to Cornwall, one of us with The Beano, the other with The Dandy and then swapping half way there. These iconic comics from DC Thomson really were part of the fabric of our childhood.
What better birthday or Christmas gift for the discerning Beano fan than this beautiful limited edition Dennis the Menace screen print from The Comic Art Website. The Comic Art Website is owned and run by John Patrick Reynolds, a man who fell in love with comics as a child and then grew up to be an acclaimed screen printer.
John Patrick Reynolds creates fully licences handmade silkscreen prints of classic comics from around the world including DC Thomson favourites including The Beano, The Dandy, as well as Minnie the Minx, The Victor, Commando, Asterix and Popeye. His work has been featured on the BBC, in the Observer and in the Daily Express, amongst others.
The Comic Art Website have very kindly given me a framed print to give away to one lucky winner. The “Dennis the Menace Runs” print is a handmade, limited edition screen print on mould-made, cotton paper and is signed and numbered out of 200 in pencil by the printer, John Patrick Reynolds.
This standard size print (25cm x 19cm) and comes in a stylish black frame. This limited edition Dennis the Menace run print costs £70 and is available from the website. Could you be lucky enough to win this glorious gift for the Dennis the Menace fan in your life? (Or keep it for yourself, I’d be very tempted to).
For more information and to browse the wonderful selection of limited edition prints, visit The Comic Art Website today.
Win a Limited Edition Dennis the Menace Screen Print worth £70
To be in with a chance to Win a Limited Edition Dennis the Menace Screen Print worth £70, simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
Check out our other giveaways over on our competitions page.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. The winner will receive a Limited Edition Dennis the Menace Screen Print.
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 30th November 2016.
7. The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
8. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
9. The winners name will be available on request
10. Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
11. Your email address may be passed on to to the promoter for marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe at any time.
12. Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
13. HodgePodgeDays decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.