Well this is an anniversary which has just crept up on me, my blog, my little corner of the internet is two years old today. I can’t quite believe that I’ve got two years of blogging under my belt; that’s 550 blog posts, 86,462 blog comments and 4 million (approx) cups of coffee (they haven’t yet invented a number big enough to represent the biscuits eaten).
It almost goes without saying that I’ve made so many excellent friends; blogging is a great community full of incredibly supportive, interesting, wise and funny people. Working as a blogger (and occasional writer for hire for a couple of magazines) I get to go to some wonderful places and experience exciting and interesting things, more often than not carting the boys along for the ride.
Despite being somewhat sceptical at first, they boys have come to embrace the blogging lifestyle, and understand that all the fun we have together also means me working pretty hard too (I really must work a bit harder on that whole work/life balance thing).
In the past 12 months we’ve done so many great things, tried lots of good stuff and cried, laughed and started school (small boy, not me), so I’ve picked my top 16 favourite blog posts from the last 12 months (top 16 is what all the cool kids are doing this year, top 10 is for losers, maybe)…
- You’re not my best friend – a blog post about why I want to be his best Mummy and not his best friend!
- Bluestone Wales – a overview of things to do in Pembrokeshire and our time as Bluestone Bloggers!
- Dylan Thomas Boathouse – a beautiful, spiritual, literary place.
- Microwave Jam Sponge – super easy, super quick, love this recipe!
- Miss Matahari – Plus Size Fitness Wear – popular post, great fitness wear and my legs are definitely skinnier that they were in these pictures!
- The wrecks of Westward Ho! – we found some exposed wrecks on the beach, read about their history and check out my pictures.
- I asked – how accurate is my Fitbit?
- I blogged about what happens at a Smear Test
- Proving that crafting is not for me, read about my largely unsuccessful fish handprints on canvas.
- Dealing with codeine withdrawal – a popular post with some excellent comments and great advice from other people.
- A collection of entirely made up and light hearted facts about pasta with pesto.
- Fast becoming my most popular blog post ever, my easy Joulutorttu recipe.
- Is my Only Child a Lonely Child?
- We LOVED the Just So Festival last year, can’t wait to go again this summer.
- Arroz al Horno recipe – easy and delicious summer food from Spain.
- Our day visiting fellow blogger Fiona at Coombe Mill in Cornwall.
Those are some of my highlights, it’s been really interesting just looking back and reminding myself of all that we’ve done in the last year and all that I’ve learnt. I love blogging, though sometimes it can be hard to open up, but that’s what I do best. People ask me, as they ask all bloggers, what advice do you give to people wanting to start blogging, it’s simple, write from the heart and you can’t go wrong.
And just because I can…here is a reminder of my current giveaways…
- Win £20 of Taste of Nature snack bars – ends 8th June 2015
- Win £20 of gorgeous Urtekram skin and haircare products – ends 24th June 2015