With the summer holidays just one week away it’s definitely time for me to turn my attention to how I’m going to keep my lively and lovely 5 year old entertained during the summer holidays. We need a summer bucket list!
I say summer, it’s mid-July and we’ve seen precious little sign of the sun, or indeed the ‘not rain’ we tend to associate with the summer months. I am not at all hopeful that the next couple of months will be wall to wall sunshine. I’d like some sun and some warmth at least. I’m not a sun worshipper, but I do like a lazy evening in a warm beer garden. Plus it’s great to see the boy and his friends splashing about in a paddling pool to cool off.
Summer, where art thou?
After school today I sat down with the boy for a serious chat about our summer holiday plans. He didn’t take it especially seriously and came up with this plan for the summer holidays…
- Go swimming
- Go to the park
- Go to the ice cream van
I put a little more thought into it, based on what we had planned already and what I think we would like to do during our time off together and came up with this…
OUR Summer bucket list:
- Go on holiday and find somewhere new to explore
- Camp at the Just So Festival
- Visit the Lake District and show the boy some of the sights and places I explored as a child
- Have a spa day
- Put the tent up in the garden and have a camping day
- Be by the sea
- Explore down by the river with the boy
- Have a picnic with some of his friends in the park
- Indulge in a spot of beer gardening
- Make jam
- Go on a bear hunt
- Find some happy.
There. It’s as simple or as complicated as that. It’s a loose plan but most of it is achievable. It doesn’t all require sunshine, but it would be nice if it could be arranged. I’ll let you know how we get on.