One of the fun things we like to do as a family is play crazy golf. Crazy golf is a fun, entry-level introduction to the sport and is something we can all play together. Our family is a rag-tag bunch of fitness and ability levels, but we can all happily enjoy a round of crazy golf.
We like to expose our son to lots of different experiences and hope that he finds something he really enjoys doing. At the moment he plays football and goes swimming. We occasionally take him horse riding, to play tennis and for the occasional round of crazy golf. Should he declare an interest in taking part in any of these sports, or indeed any new ones, then we would encourage and support him all the way.
Five reasons why Kids should get into golf
- Everyone can play golf. When you’re playing golf you don’t need to be tall, strong or fast or lean. Successful golfers come in all shapes, sizes and ages.
- It’s low-risk. The chances of picking up an injury playing golf is virtually non-existent compared to contact sports like football or rugby. Being no-contact, golf is a very safe, respectful sport.
- It’s healthy. Golf is a great sport which gives your child the chance to be outside in the fresh air, enjoying the outdoors.
- Golf can help to create bonds with friends & family! Whether your child plays golf with family members, friends or takes lessons with a golf pro, mentoring and playing together will help to create close bonds and friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Your child will learn important life lessons. Playing golf your child will experience highs and lows, from the first hole-in-one or birdie to a misplaced shot in a bunker. Golf will teach your child that though we can’t always win, we always have another shot in life and skill comes with practice.
Whatever sport your children choose to play; it’s all great for building their confidence, helping them understand team work and all sport helps to build and maintain their fitness levels. There are five good reasons to get into golf.
OnlineGolf stock a full range of golfing equipment and accessories.
We were sent a goodie bag in return for this blog post.