My son loves maps, he can study them for hours. He has maps on his bedroom wall and he loves an atlas. His love of geography and geology come from his Dad’s side of the family and it’s something I am very happy to encourage. He has a couple of atlases already; but I knew he would love The Totally Amazing, Fact-Packed, Fold-Out Atlas of the World by Jen Green.
The Totally Amazing, Fact-Packed, Fold-Out Atlas of the World is for children aged 7+. It includes three big gatefold maps showing the major continents in detail, with facts about people, places, cultures, cities, landmarks and wildlife. It’s fact-packed and features lots of landmarks. We think it’s a really good atlas for provoking interesting conversations about the world, its people and the environment.
The atlas is illustrated by Christiane Engel and the illustrations are colourful and informative. There is lots of detail on the maps, with enough to pique the interest of a child, but not too much that they get bogged down in it. There is even a flags of the world section at the back.
Since giving my son The Totally Amazing, Fact-Packed, Fold-Out Atlas of the World he has been engrossed in it. One of his favourite things to do is to spend 20 minutes or so each night looking at the atlas while he winds down for sleep. Sometimes we will look at it together and he is brimming with questions. I love this part of our day; exploring a map together and talking about all the things to see and do in that country or continent. It’s also very handy for planning our holiday later this year.
The atlas is divided by continent. There are maps that show biomes and terrains as well as wildlife; and other maps that show people, places and political boundaries. Discover more about our diverse and wonderful planet and find out how every part of our planet is important and connected.
If you’ve got a child who like mine loves maps, or if you want to explore more about geography and geology at home, then The Totally Amazing, Fact-Packed, Fold-Out Atlas of the World would be a brilliant resource to start exploring with. Up to date and perfectly pitched at 7+ year olds; I know we will be enjoying this book for a long time to come.
The Totally Amazing, Fact-Packed, Fold-Out Atlas of the World is available in paperback from all good bookshops and online for £9.99.
WIN A COPY OF THE Totally Amazing, Fact-Packed, Fold-Out Atlas of the World
To be in with a chance to win a copy of The Totally Amazing, Fact-Packed, Fold-Out Atlas of the World, simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. The winner will be sent a copy of The Totally Amazing, Fact-Packed, Fold-Out Atlas of the World.
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 3rd June 2018.
7. The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
8. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
9. The winners name will be available on request
10. Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
11. Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
12. HodgePodgeDays decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.