Paddington Bear has been a part of the nation’s childhoods since 1958. The tale of the lost bear from Darkest Peru has delighted and inspired generations of children, me included, and now my son loves Paddington too. This October is Paddington’s 60th anniversary month, will you be celebrating 60 years of this little lost bear from Darkest Peru?
In 1958 the first Paddington Bear book, A Bear Called Paddington was published. Little could Michael Bond have known then how many people around the world would come to know and love this small bear, with his recognisable bush hat and duffle coat.
To celebrate this milestone anniversary, Rainbow Designs have unveiled their brand new Paddington Bear Classic range. It features a host of cuddly toys for enthusiasts and fans of Paddington to cuddle and love. One of the most eye-catching in the range is the new Large Cuddly Anniversary Paddington Bear with Scarf. This Paddington Bear plush is snuggled up in a checked scarf complete with “Please look after this Bear” label. This plush is cuddly enough to appeal to young Paddington fans and stylish enough to look the part on a collector’s shelf.
The design of this Anniversary Paddington Bear is inspired by the original artworks by Peggy Fortnum and he does look very true to the original bear. I love his battered felt hat and the label (which you can remove if you want) is a lovely extra touch. The snuggly scarf with the 60th anniversary badge is what will make this bear such a collectible. His coat isn’t removable and the duffle coat toggles are printed on, which I think is a much better option if you’re giving this bear to young children.
This Anniversary Paddington Bear is suitable from birth and as soft and cuddly as they come. He is 23cm tall and costs around £24.99.
The 60th Anniversary Paddington Bear would make a wonderful gift for a Paddington Bear fan of any age. With Christmas coming, who will look after this bear?
WIN A 60th Anniversary Paddington Bear Plush
To be in with a chance to win a 60th Anniversary Paddington Bear Plush from Rainbow Designs Ltd simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. The winner will be sent a 60th Anniversary Paddington Bear Plush from Rainbow Designs Ltd.
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 18th November 2018.
7. The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
8. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
9. The winners name will be available on request
10. Address details will be passed onto Rainbow Designs Ltd to post the above mentioned prize out to the winner.
11. Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
12. HodgePodgeDays decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.