As much as December is a lovely, glittery, warm time of the year, for many people it’s also a time for stress or hardship. I know as a busy mum, I’m usually the last person I get to treat well. I’m so busy rushing around making sure everyone else has the perfect Christmas that I usually end up neglecting myself. I know that once I hit peak exhaustion, my mental health can start to take a hit.
Sometimes, when things start to get on top of me, I remember that as twee as it sounds, affirmations can help. What I like to do is write down positive affirmations on little pieces of paper or card and pop them in a jar. Each day I pull out a new affirmation, read it and put it in my pocket to look at again when I have a moment later, when I need reminding that I am good enough, or that anything is possible.
They remind me a little of the little scraps of paper you get in fortune cookies, and I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Whatever you do this Christmas, please do find time to be kind to yourself. Self care is so important, especially when your energy reserves are running low.
24 Positive Affirmations for Advent
- Say YES to new adventures
- I value myself
- Do it for your future self
- We rise by lifting others
- Good things are coming
- Remember you are amazing
- Be kind and be kindest to yourself
- You are enough
- You are entirely up to you
- You deserve happiness
- Today is going to be a great day
- Be present and take a deep breath
- You’re doing great
- I choose to be happy and love myself today
- I believe in myself
- Anything is possible
- I am grateful for the life I have
- I accept myself as I am
- Today is a new beginning
- Forgive yourself for your mistakes
- All of your problems have solutions
- My challenges help me grow
- I am in control
- I will get through today
If you liked this, you might also like these 24 acts of kindness for Advent. Merry Christmas!